Sunday, March 25, 2012

Jesus Christ



The other day I was driving and I stopped behind a car with a license plate frame that read: " He died for me. I'll live for him" Being that Easter is just around the corner, Jesus Christ has been on my mind a a lot once again. As I have said before that while I did grow up Hindu, one thing that my parents helped me learn was respect for other religious beliefs. They had taught me that in the end all of the stories that religion tell, the moral of the store always was Good deeds were the road to peace and happiness. Living life with that perspective and looking only at the good in people, I have had multiple opportunities to learn a lot about many religions and understand various perspectives.

As a child Jesus Christ was someone that I undoubted always loved. First for his birthday I got presents and on Easter I got lots of candy. To the child me Jesus Christ was the God of Happiness. One amazing benefit to being Hindu is that it makes every religion's God(s) more acceptable. Back to Jesus Christ, yes I have many, many wonderful memories from my childhood that relate to that man and its probably why today as an adult I can tell you who Jesus Christ is to me today. You see as I got older my fascination with religions other than mine started fascinating me. The more I read about Jesus Christ the more I felt like I understood him. That day when i read that license plate frame an instant, my understanding of Jesus Christ became clear:

Jesus Christ is and always will, regardless of whether you see him as a God, a Prophet, a Son, a Man he is the embodiment of the potential positivity that we all have within us. Jesus Christ is a reminder that while evil exists in this world of ours, the power of Good that comes from within all of us is eternal and limitless. Jesus died for me. I Digital Hindu agree with that. Jesus Christ died to remind me that human life is a blessing and that regardless of how much it may feel like that Evil is winning, good will always triumph. The loving and kind will always be victorious over the treacherous and vindictive.

So as you go through your day think of one thing only, the good that is within you and what you can do to unleash it into the world.

Love all and let the light with in shine bright!

digitalhindu.com
fb.com/digitalhindu
@digitalhindu

1 comment:

  1. the one thing you left out is that Jesus died for you and the blood he shed on that cross was a gift to anyone that believes and washes all your sin away if you only believe that He is God,s son. All you have to do is accept it, no strings attached. We cannot work our way into Heaven.He already did it for us.

    ReplyDelete