Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The DoGOOD Baker



Last week I went to a bar with a friend of mine on a Tuesday night. It was pretty dead and we just sat at the bar having a drink and just chatting. In the midst of taking my jacket off I accidentally hit the girl that had sat down next to me. I apologized and and gave her one of my stupid one liner jokes, because she looked like she could use a laugh. We started talking about her evening and she told me that she was baking for homeless teens for an event that was going to take place the next day. We started talking about various things including religion and her lost faith in God. She told me she grew up in a very religious household and over the years had lost her faith in God because of the many bad things that have happened to her over the years. She told that on that night she was baking for these homeless teens because no one else was. She was upset with God because he had forgotten about the homeless teens. At that moment I had to stop her and point out something that so many us forget when we question the ways of the universe.

I told her that God hadn't forgotten about those kids, because those kids would be getting those baked goods the next day. If anything they were now going to get nicely wrapped ones cookies and cakes  because she, the DoGOOD baker, was there. While she was questioning why God had forgotten about those kids, she failed to realize that he had sent her to them. There is a piece of God in all of us - that's why we do the good and kind things that we do. Sometimes we get so wrapped up in needless questions that we fail to realize that we are the answer to all of those questions.

So bake on DoGOOD baker - God remembered those kids through you.

Love all and let the light within shine bright.....

No comments:

Post a Comment