Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The Inspiration for DoGOOD





My life at this point in time is about doing good, or as in my case the inspiration that I hope to provide to the masses, DoGOOD. But many will wonder what is the inspiration behind DoGOOD – the answer - the need to make this world into a better world, a better place.

I didn’t always start off this way. I grew up in a commercial world, built on the foundation of a commercial desires and unfortunately, a commercial economy. The key to the entire foundation of capitalism is consumer spending and consumer spending is influenced by marketing. Thankfully growing up my path in life took me down the road of marketing for organizations and helping them close deals to make money. As long as I could help companies make money through marketing I knew I would always have work. Over time I honed my craft and cultivated my skill – not only was I able to create strategies that would influences the masses into making purchasing decisions I was also able to also sell those strategies to decision makers and create a revenue stream that way. As every aspiring 20-something I worked in the corporate world and made a decent amount of money – not always consistent but I could never complain about the money I made doing this. There came a time in my life that after feeling like I had achieved my dreams the question that was ever so ingrained in my mind at a very young age of “So what?” popped up into my head(Thanks to 2 crazy high school teachers of mine). Money isn’t happiness, I can personally vouch for that. I have made decent amounts of money in my life(before going broke J ) that I personally know that the more money you make, the more you work, the less time you have to spend with loved ones. But money as I have said before is a means for accomplishment. But that question of – you’ve done for well for YOURSELF but is that the purpose of your life? So what is the purpose of life if it’s only meant for personal satisfaction?

Now never in a million years would I have thought back at that moment when the “So What” popped up in my head that 16 months later I would also be writing the words “before going broke :)”, but sometimes life gives you lemons and you have just have to make lemonade (now that’s one of those quotes for inspiration that I love). But the truth is this, regardless of how much money I made I never had peace. That night when that “So What” moment popped up(thanks to a person I have always considered an Angel in my life) I knew that my life, was meant for more than just personal success. I knew that like a favorite quote of inspiration of mine, “Everyone lives for themselves, someone needs to live for others” I was meant more for helping mankind than helping income statements.

Everything that has happened between then and now, in my mind, is the way life had to play out for me to get to this very moment so I can say, for a better world to come people need to be inspired to DoGOOD for mankind and humanity’s sake. We live in a world of war, terror, fear and hate. Many will agree that a world filled with hate will never survive. If there was ever a need for a revolution it is now. Instead of a revolution based on the premise of violence, uprising, over throwing governments – why not create a revolution based on the concept of doing good. Mahatma Gandhi, Martin Luther King Jr, and others have proven that revolutions based on the premise of peace and humanity can succeed. As marketer I have skill set to take a message and present it to the masses. I have made the choice of being one of those people the helps create a better world. My message is DoGOOD and there is no better way to sum it up than my favorite inspirational quote by Marianne Williamson:

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.' We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we're liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”

Needless to say watch what I do next . . . .#DoGOOD :) 


Love all and let the light within shine bright.


-Digital Hindu
facebook.com/digitalhindu
@digitalhindu
digitalhindu.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment