Friday, January 13, 2012

Who God is to me. . .

You can call God by any name that you choose: Allah, Yahweh, Jesus, Buddha, Krishna, Shiva, etc. But from where I stand in the world I believe that is only one Great Soul, one entitity that connects all of us together. I was raised Hindu - a religion with I believe 3 million deities or avatars of God. See to me that Great Soul resides in all of us. And from time to time common everyday people like you and I rise to do amazing things - over the course of time these people are looked up on as Gods because of those amazing feats that they ended up accomplishing.

I believe that the Great Soul that ties us all together gives us the chance to live life our way. That's why regardless of the tensions that religion does create - the message of God was spread from one corner of this world to another. God was okay with whatever name you called upon, whichever way you decided pray to that soul - it was okay as long as you did good. To me God gives me one thing - the power of thought. In earlier posts on this blog, I have talked to you about the concept of Aham Brahmasmi, you may also have heard of a book called the Secret or in Psychology something called Cognitive Behavior. All of these schools of thought point to one thing. They point to the power of positive thought. My God, irrelvant of his name gave me the power to think and build the world that I want to build. The unfortunate part is that we have fallen prey to competitive houses of religion that are more interested in denouncing other's beliefs rather than promoting God's words.

I honestly believe that the connection between Love and God is that love was the remedy to every problem. God has shared this through every religious text, every religion and every prophet he sent on this earth. It is sad that we live in a world where we have begun to doubt the power of our own mind and the reality that our mind creates for us. It is sad that we live in a world where we turn to people and think they will guide us when at the end of the day all you have to do is believe in your God and put love out into the world.

God to me is faith - faith in my beliefs, faith that if I give love unconditionally, I will recieve love unconditionally. Faith that while bad things will happen to me over the course of my life - God will always be there to protect me. I dont have to call on him or pray to him - I just have to carry out every one of my actions with Love in my heart and that is prayer enough. Faith - that the power of my own thoughts, regarding my own reality( which is unique to me) will attract everything I ever imagined but the path to that comes through unconditional love for ALL. It doesn't matter if I'm Hindu, Muslim, Christian, Catholic, Jewish, Buddhist, Taoist, or any other religion that I have forgotten, I have faith that job of all religions was to spread the word of love, the word of God.

That's who god is to me . . .

Love all and let the light within shine bright.....

fb.com/digitalhindu
@digitalhindu


No comments:

Post a Comment