Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The Birthplace of Hanuman-ji

Bajrang Bali, Pavaan-putra, Hanuman was born in Kishindha, India. In autumn of 2011 I was fortunate enough to have gone there. Life wasn't at its best personally at that point for me. I was however lost in a land that all the same time as being foriegn, was sumwhat of a beefed up native homeland to me. I'm was born in the Fiji Islands and while my culture throughout my life may have been what it had been but I always as Indian. Therefore I learned to respect all religions and grow up around the huge amounts of people and accepted people based on one simple fact, divine or demonic? In the Bhagavad Gita, Lord Kirsihna defines that every living soul is either divine or demonic, simply put good or bad. This lead my trip around India to be great. Kishnindha was a journey of my personal choosing for reasons of my own choosing. I spent a night in Hampi and in the morning ventured to Anjana Parvath in Kishkindha,
I had a chance to visit the temple that people say is the birthplace of Hanumanji. It was one of the most amazing journeys that I have ever taken in my life. At the end All I can tell you is this how the journey begins:
My tour guide Manjunath was a good guy. I was by myself and in a land of getting ripped off because you don't speak the language, this guy was being fair and telling me the right prices. If you ever visit Kishkindha and you get a guy who takes you across the River, ask for Manjunath. It was on this trip that I got a chance to have my conversation regarding Karma through a guru. It took almost 3 hours from 8 am in the morning and after walking up 650 plus stairs I arrived to place that was, with all due respect, exactly what Pride Rock from the Lion King was meant to be.
After paying my respects in the temple and having a conversation that I positively believe was the changing point in my life, I came upon a tree in the front of Hanumanji's home. It was a tree where many, many people had tied strings for things that they desperately needed. The local legend was that whatever you ask there will come true. It was a tree of I kid you not, positivity. So many people at that point, at the doorstep of Hanuman-Ji's home itself, had thought of nothing but good thoughts.
As I left Anjana Parvath, a few thoughts had come to mind. One I thought about what made a place Holy. And the simplest way I could tell it was because everyone thought positively of these places. They were highly regarded and respected places that brought the honest attempts of anyone looking for something positive to help them move forward. Places were holy because they harbor love. Two, I had lunch at the temple, I feed some monkeys, that live around the mountains and I received some true wealth in the days conversations. All of this was made possible because of Hanuman-Ji. I respect all religions for one very simple reason, prayer has a power to it like nothing I have ever seen. That day as I did everything I ever learned as a child and paid respect to Pavaan-putra Hanuman as best as I could. Prayer is important part of life, it doesn't matter who you direct them to, just make sure to put that positivity out into the world.

1 comment:

  1. A new History in making. Born in Autumn of 2011 means Hanumanji is about 3-4 month old

    ReplyDelete